Monday, February 25, 2013

California Countryside

This weekend I had the great fortune if joining a couple of friends at Stitches West (a knitting convention). This event will get its own blog post next; first I must share some images from my trip up.

To get to stitches, I took the train from Oceanside up the coast to LA, stopped a but at Union Station, then headed up through Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo to San Jose. It was a beautiful, comfortable 13 hour trip. I fully enjoyed quiet time to myself, got to work on some new socks for my husband, and almost finished listening to The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

The trip was very pleasant, but mostly uneventful. When I left LA we had assigned seating, and I was not on the coastal side, so I don't have many coastal pics to share (really just one, of some early morning surfers at San Onofre), but I have many countryside pictures to share with you. I hope those of you still in the throngs of winter find these pictures bring you some hope of sunny warm days to come.



















No comments:

Post a Comment